- Acquire the skills and craft necessary for a solid grounding in all areas of music.
- Develop a strong understanding of music history and theory within a well-rounded liberal arts context.
- Demonstrate essential critical thinking and writing skills.
- Hone oral communication skills necessary for public presentations.
- Hone instrumental skills necessary for public performances.
- Experience and appreciate the collaborative process.
- Acquire necessary preparation for graduate school, a future in the music, or many other career options.