- Acquire the skills and craft necessary for a solid grounding in all areas of music
- Develop a strong understanding of music history and theory within a well-rounded liberal arts context
- Demonstrate essential critical thinking and writing skills
- Hone oral communication skills necessary for public presentations
- Hone instrumental skills necessary for public performances
- Experience and appreciate the collaborative process
- Acquire necessary preparation for graduate school, a future in the music, or many other career options.