The Musical Theater Concentration provides students with the tools they need for careers on the musical stage, while enabling them to take advantage of the many opportunities provided by Rutgers–Camden’s well-rounded liberal arts experience.
- Small class sizes mean students receive lots of personal attention.
- A faculty of seasoned professional artists who are active in their fields carefully track the progress of each student.
- Core courses provide rigorous training in acting, dance, singing, complemented by a thorough background in all areas of theater.
- Performance opportunities in fully-staged, department-presented musicals.
- Facilities include the Walter K. Gordon Theater, a state-of-the-art 650 seat proscenium house renowned for its near-perfect acoustical properties, and the Black Box Studio, a flexible, intimate performance space.
- Our proximity to the vibrant Philadelphia and New York theater scenes makes internships highly accessible.
For information about the Musical Theater concentration, contact Professor Kenneth Elliott.