Art History Learning Goals
- Acquire the ability to engage in logical thinking and complex analyses of works of art in their social, cultural, historical, political, and aesthetic contexts.
- Understand how works of art relate to the various contexts which shape them, and which they shape.
- Employ skills in oral and written communication of complex concepts.
- Know a range of styles, artists, periods, cultures, and techniques throughout history and world cultures
- Appraise critically a variety of art historical methodologies
- Be prepared for a variety of career opportunities in museums, educational settings, or other disciplines and will possess the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in graduate school.
Museum Studies Minor Learning Goals
- Develop practical skills and knowledge of best curatorial practices
- Gain internship experience
- Develop awareness of current debates in the field
- Appreciate the teamwork and flexibility the field requires
- Be prepared for careers in the museum field or historic sites