Art History Learning GoalsStudents will:
- Acquire the ability to engage in logical thinking and complex analyses of works of art in their social, cultural, historical, political, and aesthetic contexts.
- Understand how works of art relate to the various contexts which shape them, and which they shape.
- Employ skills in oral and written communication of complex concepts.
- Know a range of styles, artists, periods, cultures, and techniques throughout history and world cultures
- Appraise critically a variety of art historical methodologies
- Be prepared for a variety of career opportunities in museums, educational settings, or other disciplines and will possess the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in graduate school.
Museum Studies Minor Learning GoalsStudents will:
- Develop practical skills and knowledge of best curatorial practices
- Gain internship experience
- Develop awareness of current debates in the field
- Appreciate the teamwork and flexibility the field requires
- Be prepared for careers in the museum field or historic sites