Assistant Program Manager
Part-time – 20 hours per week
The Department of Fine Arts at Rutgers University, Camden invites applications for the part time position of Assistant Program Manager. Located in the bustling waterfront district just across the Delaware River from downtown Philadelphia, Rutgers University–Camden is the southern campus of Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. The Department of Fine Arts unites programs in Visual Art, Art History, Music, Theater, and Filmmaking. The successful candidate will be working under the supervision of Program Manager and assisting with the planning, organizing, promotion, development and implementation of promotional and recruitment events for the Department of Fine Arts. This includes working closely with the team of student-workers and full time faculty and staff to create and maintain ongoing programming. The candidate will be representing the Department of Fine Arts and must have reliable and adequate transportation to work offsite by attending high schools and events in New Jersey and the Greater Philadelphia area. This position requires excellent writing and communication skills and knowledge of computer programs such as Word and Excel. In addition, the Program Coordinator Assistant will be assigned administrative and other duties as needed.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining and creating connections with high school teachers and community college professors
- Visiting high schools, community colleges, and college fairs to recruit students interested in visual and performing arts
- Updating and organizing databases
- Working with prospective students individually and schedule portfolio reviews, auditions, and campus visits
- Help promoting concerts, theater productions, exhibitions, recruitment events and other programs in the department
- Supervising student-workers
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the department programs
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: Minimum of one-year professional working experience. A background in the arts is highly preferred but not required.
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.